What are some fun team building activities in Europe?
Team building tasks can be an interesting and memorable way for co-workers to make connections, collaborate and work more successfully with one another. Team building games and exercises have become an increasingly popular component for incentive trips as well as travel for meetings, events and conferences. But it can sometimes be difficult to find the best team builders for adults in an area that you and your team are not familiar with.
Partnering with a local destination management company (DMC) isn’t just beneficial for selecting a location and putting together the itinerary for your next incentive trip. An expert, local DMC like Kuoni Destination Management can also help you select the best community-building activities and fun group team-building exercises that incorporate the local culture and advantages of the location you travel to.
When it comes time for meetings, incentives, conferences and events (MICE) travel in Europe, here are a few team-building exercises to help you expand your company culture, boost employee engagement and improve your overall team effectiveness, both during and after the trip.
Team building in France
France and its capital city Paris are popular destinations for MICE travel, as well as corporate meetings, events and conferences. And while a trip to the Eiffel Tower is a leading activity on many France itineraries, there are some other engaging and fun group activities for team building to consider in this area:
- Sidewalk food tour: This European region is known for its unique and flavorful cuisine. Why not make the most of this, and engage employees while improving morale with an outdoor tour of some of the city’s delicacies? You and your team can sign up for an expert, guided tour of some of the sidewalk-adjacent food vendors near Paris and Boulogne-Billancourt, as you learn about the history and culture of French cuisine and the local architecture. You and your team can bond over French cheese and cured meats, or sample buttery, fresh-baked croissants and baguettes from local bakers. French food is an experience, and a sidewalk tour is a memorable and enjoyable way to enjoy the sights and sounds of the city, alongside the tastes.
- Wine tasting course: No trip to France would be complete without a sample of local wine. This is another fun group team-building exercise, perfect for an adult audience. Options like French Wine Adventures allow you and your team to choose from private tours in the South West region of France. Or sign up for a wine course to learn more about how this beverage is created. Kuoni Destination Management can help you find the best option for your group.
Teamwork in Italy
One fun and memorable team building experience is a scavenger hunt, and there are few better regions for this type of teamwork exercise than the Italian countryside. This country is home to the most UNESCO World Heritage sites in the world, giving you and your team ample opportunity to explore the country and learn about its history and culture.
Consider putting together a scavenger hunt that provides clues about top UNESCO World Heritage sites. Time permitting, team members can travel to these locations and snap photos as part of the scavenger hunt, and the team with the most sites visited can win a prize.
Just a few of the sites to consider including in an Italian UNESCO World Heritage site scavenger hunt include:
- The Tower of Pisa, a perfectly photogenic location for a team building experience.
- Venice and the famous Venetian Lagoon.
- The historic ruins of the city of Pompeii.
- The Basilica, or Aquileia Cathedral.
Networking in the Netherlands
The Netherlands is another fantastic European location for MICE travel, offering fun group activities for team building. Depending on the interests and abilities of your group, you can consider team building games and tasks like:
- A river boat cruise: Take a quaint and beautiful river boat journey through the Netherland’s historic fishing villages, or view the famous tulips in Northern Holland over a six-day tour. Whether you’re looking for a longer tour that includes a range of different sites, or a shorter tour, a local DMC like Kuoni Destination Management can help guide you.
And, as an added bonus, a DMC like Kuoni also has in-depth expertise and knowledge of other hotspot MICE destinations in the region, including Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Amsterdam Catacombs escape room: If your group is looking for a more thrilling team building game ideas for adults, consider solving the puzzles of an escape room like the Amsterdam Catacombs. This intriguing and immersive experience is well-known in the region, and enables smaller groups of up to six participants to spend 90 minutes navigating through the catacombs.
Finding team building games to suit your group
One of the best ways to find ideal team building activities that will unite your group, improve engagement and boost successful teamwork is to partner with a local European DMC. Kuoni Destination Management has deep knowledge and expertise, and can recommend just the right community building exercise for your group.
To find out more, connect with Kuoni Destination Management today.