Why Singapore is a Top MICE Destination
Despite being one of the smallest nations in the world, Singapore offers a wide variety of options for travel. This is especially true when it comes to MICE travel, or journeys for the purpose of meetings, incentive trips, conferences and exhibition events.
As more organizations and groups continue to plan MICE and bleisure trips, Singapore is a leading destination to consider. Let’s take a look at all this nation has to offer for meetings, incentive, conferences and other events, and how a local DMC can help make the most of these experiences.
Things to do in Singapore: Corporate Meetings and Events
There are few things more impressive than hosting a business meeting or conference in a country like Singapore. The island nation offers picturesque views of the South Pacific, a temperate, tropical climate, and a plethora of unique venues to suit nearly any meeting or event theme.
Take, for example, the hilltop Farber Peak venue, housed in a beautiful building known for its wooden arc frame and large windows, through which attendees can get unmatched glimpses of the urban skyline and harbor. This location is ideal for smaller meetings and groups (of 60 or fewer), but lends a classy and formal ambiance for corporate gatherings.
On the other hand, travel planners looking for a more rustic and natural venue – as well as one that can host larger events like conferences – are in luck. Singapore has several venue options to help event participants escape the busy city in favor of calm, lush forests. The Open Farm Community, for instance, couples the advantages of outdoor decks and terraces with modern amenities like state-of-the-art sound and projection systems.
Best Activities in Singapore for Incentive Travel
Groups seeking great things to do in Singapore for incentive travel will find no shortage of fun and exciting activities and experiences. Some of the must-do things in Singapore to consider for an incentive trip include:
- Take a tour of the Jewel Changi Airport: This is not your average traveler hub. The Jewel Changi Airport, or the “Jewel,” as it’s known locally, offers some of the top things to do in Singapore, all within a single location. Experience beautiful local artwork and engineering through the Crystal Clouds and HSBS Rain Vortex exhibits. Delve into Singaporean culture as your group tours curated local shops. However, a tour like this is best with an experienced guide, like our local DMC Tour East.
- Dinner at Shisen Hanten: No trip to Singapore would be complete without experiencing the local cuisine. Shisen Hanten is one of the highest Michelin-rated restaurants in the nation, maintaining that title since 2016. From a spicy Szechuan pepper sauce dish to Chef Chen Kentaro’s original noodle soup, there’s something for every taste.
- Jungle breakfast at the Singapore Zoo: Experience a meal in the midst of local wildlife at the Singapore Zoo. Enjoy views of streams and rock walls, which create natural barriers for the animals in this open zoo. Local expert DMC Tour East even offers a buffet breakfast, guided tour and tram ride package to simplify incentive travel planning – this tour was even chosen as one of the Top 10 Experiences in Singapore on TripAdvisor.
What to do in Singapore for Bleisure Travel
Whether travelers head to this South Pacific nation for a business meeting, conference or incentive trip, there are a few other must-do things in Singapore to experience. Consider working with an expert DMC to arrange and book top activities like:
- A tour of the city: What better way to see and experience all that Singapore has to offer than through an expertly guided tour of the city. Participants can view and visit hot spots like local parks, temples and gardens, delving deep into the nation’s culture and history. And with a local DMC partner like Tour East, tour groups benefit from perks like in-depth knowledge of iconic Singapore locations, as well as pickup and drop off services.
- Local nightlife: A night out on the town in Singapore can be a culturally significant experience, full of beautiful sights and sounds. Walk through the largest glass greenhouse in the world and admire Mediterranean flowers, or view the indoor waterfall at the Cloud Forest. Complete the evening with a visit to the Marina Bay Sand’s Skypark, a rooftop observation deck providing unparalleled views.
Experience the top things to do in Singapore
The island nation of Singapore offers some truly amazing activities, venues and more for any corporate MICE event. Whether travel planners and their groups are looking for an urban experience in the city, or something more rooted in nature, Singapore is an ideal destination for business meetings, conferences, incentive trips and exhibition events.
The best way to experience everything Singapore has to offer is through the help of a local DMC, like those part of our Global DMC Network. Tour East and its destination management consultants are well-versed in local Singapore experiences and culture, and can help design a trip that your business will never forget, lah.